Throughout the competition, judges renowned in design and various related fields, deliberate over thousands of entries to select four prototype winners, eight panel finalists and the eventual grand prix winner.
Globally well-known creators, the Mentors assist the four prototype winners to bring their ideas to life.
Through the Lexus Design Award, 12 finalists will have their visions showcased to the world at Milan Design Week 2018. An experience of a lifetime awaits for 4 of these finalists, who will receive funding and work with world-renowned design mentors to bring their vision for a better world to life and share it in-person at Milan.
THE CREATIVE INSPIRATION FOR YOUR IDEAS
- 1 Grand Prix Winner
- (selected from the prototype winners)
- 4 Prototype Winners
- (selected from the finalists)
- 8 Panel Finalists
- Mentor sessions with top designers to develop prototype.
- Production budget of 3 million JPY (over $25K)
- Invitation and display your designs at Milan Design Week. *Note: Only one person per entry will be invited, regardless of whether the winning works are submitted by an individual or a group.
2018 CREATIVE THEME
- Call for Entries – Application Period
July 24th – Oct 8th 2017
SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN
- Finalist Screening Session
- Announcement of 12 Finalists
- Milan Design Week – Grand Prix Winner Announcement
Apr 17th – 22nd 2018
ABOUT LEXUS DESIGN AWARD
FROM THE EXPERTS
Design Experts Alice Rawsthorn and Paola Antonelli explain the importance of the Lexus Design Award , and the answer the industry most compelling question : What makes good design?
DESIGNERS AND MENTORS
We have talked to the designers and mentors to see how the process has worked – and why it’s so important.
LEXUS DESIGN AWARD 2017
First launched in 2013 to help stimulate ideas for a better world with Lexus supporting up-and-coming designers and creators worldwide.
LEXUS DESIGN EVENT
How Lexus creates amazing experience at Milan Design Week, now celebrating the 10th year of the quest to find exciting, game changing ways of approaching the world through technology and smart design.